Hello everyone im glad you could all make it along to my blog, I’m off on another adventure soon Cycling from Cairo to Cape Town and thought I would share my journey with you all this time, live, in the moment, and as it happens!! Well sort of, I will have to update you each time i reach civilization but i’ll try my hardest to keep the posts as regular as my daily ablutions. Whoooo yeahhhhh lets get started!!!
You may remember me from such titles as;
- Jay cycles around the world
- Jimmy T wrestles a bear
- James Taylor lives inside the stomach of a whale for a month
- and many more …
Ok so heres a rundown of the countries and the wonders i will see on my way cycling from Cairo to Cape Town;
- Egypt – The Pyramids of Giza, The Sphynx, The Valley of the Kings, Aswan dam (Aswan will be the first visa acquisition stop).
- Sudan – It’s the desert isnt it?? (Visa point is Khartoum that’s about all i know about my Sudanese leg of the trip).
- Ethiopia – Ohh the Rift Valley is that in Ethiopia? (Visa stop unknown at this time).
- Kenya – I really feel like im in Africa now, where is the ecuator? It must be close? Serengeti? Zebras, Wildebeest and ladies with baskets on their heads?? (Visa stop unknown at this time).
- Tanzania – Tazmainian devils? ohh whoops wrong side of the Indian Ocean.. Tanzanian Witch Doctors? more Serengeti?? (Visa stop unknown at this time).
now at this point i should express that my route is subject to change at any given point due to political instability, men with spears chasing me, or even Ostriches for that matter as i was recently exposed to a youtube video of a man being run down by a excited specimen of said genus much to his delight and my dispair!
- Zambia – What is in Zambia my friends? Zambia (/ˈzæmbiə/), officially the Republic of Zambia, is a landlocked country in south–central Africa, (although some sources prefer to consider it part of the region of east Africa) neighbouring the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the north, Tanzania to the north-east, Malawi to the east, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia to the south, and Angola to the west. THIS HAS NOT BEEN COPIED AND PASTED FROM THE INTERWEBS, PROMISE!
- Zimbabwe – Ok so i know one thing about Zimbabwe and that is the waterfall, the mighty Victroria sandwich….oh i mean Falls sorry im eating a victoria sandwich and i got confused.
- Botswana – Okavango delta sounds like a belter! Lets do it!
- South Africa – Out of Malarial zone at last, phew! Chance of being robbed: High to inevitable… Mission end Cape Town and of course the magnificent Table Mountain.
So i hope you all enjoy following me on my journey though Africa, cycling from Cairo to Cape Town.